“Exhaustive, enlightening, surprising in many cases, and an absolute must-read if you like the NFL.” – Peter King, NBC Sports
“Football Outsiders Almanac will not only make you a better fantasy owner, it will make you a smarter football fan.” – Matthew Berry, ESPN
LOUISVILLE, KY (July 23, 2019) – Football Outsiders, the authority on in-depth NFL and NCAA advanced statistics and articles, has announced the publication of their Football Outsiders Almanac 2019.
Published since 2005, Football Outsiders Almanac 2019 is the essential guide to the NFL and NCAA seasons. Authored by the editorial staff of Football Outsiders and edited by Editor-in-Chief, Aaron Schatz, the almanac’s numerous proprietary statistical measures go beyond standard NFL stats, giving fans the kind of sabermetric-style statistical analysis that revolutionized the understanding of baseball. Football Outsiders Almanac 2019 is written with a knowing dry wit that gets under the skin of America’s most popular spectator sport.
Football Outsiders Almanac 2019 features include:
- Essay styled chapters and projections on all 32 NFL teams with;
- Proprietary DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) team and player ratings that correct for situation and opponent to reveal which offenses and defenses are truly superior, and which players really help win games.
- Fantasy football projections for more than 500 players.
- Exclusive data from Sports Info Solutions, unavailable in standard NFL stats, tells which receivers run the longest patterns on both complete and incomplete passes; which quarterbacks benefit the most from yards after catch; which teams most often blitz or run specific offensive formations; and which defensive backs stop the other team’s passing game.
- Detail on each team’s performance in 2018 by offensive and defensive personnel package.
- Individual stats for offensive linemen and defensive players.
- Extensive coverage of all 32 teams with week-by-week stats from the 2018 season, five-year performance trends, and analysis of off-season personnel changes.
- Exclusive 2019 predictions that give the odds on each team as a Super Bowl contender or a contender for the top pick in the 2020 draft.
- Breakdowns on the top 50 college football teams and full win-loss projections for all 130 Division I-A (FBS) teams.
Aaron Schatz will be debuting the almanac on the NFL Network’s Good Morning Football on Wednesday, July 24th.
A printed version of Football Outsiders Almanac 2019 can be purchased on Amazon ($28.95) or PDF download at FootballOutsiders.com/store ($20.00). For a media copy of the Football Outsiders Almanac 2019, contact email@example.com.
In addition, Football Outsiders has released a next-gen version of their KUBIAK preseason fantasy projections in an easy-to-use web application, customizable to league settings. KUBIAK is available for purchase at FootballOutsiders.com/store ($25.00).
About Football Outsiders (a division of EdjSports)
Established in 2003, Football Outsiders has created in-depth NFL and NCAA advanced statistics including their proprietary DVOA and DYAR ratings. Football Outsiders’ editorial staff provides an intelligent viewpoint challenging conventional wisdom about the game and contributes regularly to ESPN+, in addition to identifying all-star players within the EA Sports Madden Ultimate Team and EA Sports Madden NFL Mobile games. www.footballoutsiders.com
EdjSports empowers smarter decision-making with proven predictive and prescriptive analytical models and custom software solutions in the sports industry. Our proven approach helps teams, fans and bettors make critical call decisions based on the highest probability of achieving their goals. At EdjSports, we assist decision makers and enhance their ability to gain the competitive edge that ultimately impacts the bottom line – winning. www.edjsports.com
# # #