“Exhaustive, enlightening, surprising in many cases, and an absolute must-read if you like the NFL.”
– Peter King, NBC Sports
“A book that any self-respecting NFL fan needs to purchase.”
– Bill Simmons, TheRinger.com
LOUISVILLE, KY (July 31, 2018) – Football Outsiders, the authority on in-depth NFL and NCAA advanced statistics and articles, has announced the publication of their Football Outsiders Almanac 2018.
Published since 2005, Football Outsiders Almanac 2018 is the essential guide to the NFL and NCAA seasons. Authored by the editorial staff of Football Outsiders and edited by Editor in Chief, Aaron Schatz, the almanac’s numerous proprietary statistical measures go beyond standard NFL stats, giving fans the kind of sabermetric-style statistical analysis that revolutionized the understanding of baseball. Football Outsiders Almanac 2018 is written with a knowing dry wit that gets under the skin of America’s most popular spectator sport.
Football Outsiders Almanac 2018 features include:
- Essay styled chapters on all 32 NFL teams with;
- Proprietary DVOA (Defense-adjusted Value Over Average) team and player ratings that correct for situation and opponent to reveal which offenses and defenses are truly superior, and which players really help win games.
- Exclusive data from Sports Info Solutions, unavailable in standard NFL stats, tells which receivers run the longest patterns on both complete and incomplete passes; which quarterbacks benefit the most from yards after catch; which teams most often blitz or run specific offensive formations; and which defensive backs stop the other team’s passing game, measured by pass coverage on every single play rather than just tackles.
- Data on how receivers performed based on where they lined up before the snap: wide, tight, in the slot, or in the backfield.
- Detail on each team’s performance in 2017 by offensive and defensive personnel package.
- Individual stats for offensive linemen and defensive players.
- Extensive coverage of all 32 teams with week-by-week stats from the 2017 season, five-year performance trends, and analysis of off-season personnel changes.
- Exclusive 2018 predictions that give the odds on each team as a Super Bowl contender or a contender for the top pick in the 2019 draft.
- Fantasy football projections for more than 500 players.
- Breakdowns on the top 50 college football teams and full win-loss projections for all 130 Division I-A (FBS) teams.
A printed version of Football Outsiders Almanac 2018 can be purchased on Amazon ($28.95) or PDF download at FootballOutsiders.com/store ($20.00). For a review copy of the Football Outsiders Almanac 2018, please contact Casey Ramage at email@example.com.
Football Outsiders was recently acquired by EdjSports, a data science and prescriptive analytics sports firm.
About Football Outsiders
Established in 2003, Football Outsiders has created in-depth NFL and NCAA advanced statistics including their proprietary DVOA and DYAR ratings. Football Outsiders’ editorial staff provides an intelligent viewpoint challenging conventional wisdom about the game and contributes regularly to ESPN Insider, in addition to identifying all-star players within the EA Sports Madden Ultimate Team and EA Sports Madden NFL Mobile games. www.footballoutsiders.com
EdjSports empowers smarter decision-making with proven predictive and prescriptive analytical models and custom software solutions in the sports industry. Our game-based approach analyzes pools of data, helping teams make critical call decisions based on the highest probability of achieving their goals. At EdjSports, we assist decision makers and enhance their ability to gain the competitive edge that ultimately impacts the bottom line – winning. www.edjsports.com
# # #